30 Jun Thinking Green
When choosing a communications partner, it’s important to know where they stand on sustainability. At Boom12 we take environmental stewardship seriously. Here’s what we guarantee for each and every client:
Boom12 is committed to reducing our environmental foot print. Our goal is to become carbon neutral by June 1, 2018. In the meantime, we take the following steps to reduce our carbon footprint and impact on the environment.
- We recommend and choose FSC certified paper products.
- We recommend and choose vegetable-based inks.
- We recommend and use locally sourced materials when possible. First choosing HRM-based suppliers, then Nova Scotia-based suppliers, and then within Canada. We seldom source products or services from outside Canada.
- We choose reusable products when possible.
- We recycle all recyclable materials including ink and toner cartridges, paper, plastics, and all electronic equipment.
- We opt to upgrade computer equipment rather than replace it.
- We choose the active and sustainable transportation options when possible.
- We avoid unnecessary printing and use cloud-based collaboration tools
- We use energy-efficient products that adhere to EnergyStar standards
- We prefer suppliers who take steps to reduce their carbon footprint