We should all know the importance of Google search by now. You want your customers to be able to find you when they search and to find you before they find the competition. Search engine results pages present an opportunity to put your best foot forward in Google search by ensuring your content is ready to shine.
What is SEO
Search Engine Optimization, or SEO, is how we refer to the things we do on our website to help Google and our customers find it. There are many actions you can take to improve your search ranking. This article about search engine results pages is the third in a series of articles on actions you can take to rank higher in Google search results.
What are Search Engine Results Pages
Search engine results pages are just that, the Google pages where your search results are displayed. Sometimes you’ll notice certain types of results are displayed differently than typical search results. As an example when you search for video content there are often video thumbnails instead of the traditional text-based result.
Search engine results pages features are generally determined by SEO actions or other things like Google Ads. Our tips refer only to some of the features you can harness with SEO actions.
How to Use Search Engine Results Pages
This comes down to ensuring you complete the SEO actions required to unlock the feature. Here’s a list of search engine results pages features you can harness with SEO actions:
- Featured Snippets (By providing clear answers to common questions your content may appear as a featured snippet)
- Image Pack (Image optimizations help unlock this.)
- Videos (Usually YouTube videos.)
- Sitelinks (Additional links from your website that appear below your main result.)
- Local Pack (here, too!) (Appears for local searches for top three most relevant businesses – this is where your Google Business Listing helps a lot!)
- Reviews (Great for e-commerce and recipes)
- FAQs (Providing answer to frequently asked questions
We do SEO for Halifax Small Businesses
The easiest way for you to harness the power of Google’s search engine results pages features is to give us a call. We offer SEO services custom-built for Halifax small businesses. You can contact us or book a free, no obligation SEO discovery call.